Our Hazardous Material Storage Vaults are ULC listed to Canadian safety standards and are FM Approved
The vaults have been designed in accordance with Underwriters' Laboratories of Canada (ULC) ULC/ORD-C142.6-00, Factory Mutual Approvals (FM), Uniform Building Code (UBC), Building Officials and Code Administrators (BOCA), National Building Code (NBC), Southern Building Code (SBC), Uniform Fire Code (UFC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 30), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Codes and Regulations.
The building system is of all-welded non-combustible construction using heavy gauge corrosion-protected steel. The steel has been blasted, sanded and coated with an industrial epoxy gray primer and bone white/cream urethane top coat on both the interior and exterior surfaces. All seams have been caulked with polyurethane sealant.
The building system includes:
- 14 gauge welded load bearing steel wall panels, supported by vertical formed 14 gauge steel members.
- Natural ventilation fixed aluminum louvers
- All walls entirely coated with chemical resistant urethane paint.
- 12 gauge welded steel panels supported by HSS members.
- Sloped roof assembly, with overhangs front and back, to ensure rain and snow runoff and limit moisture contact with wall assemblies.
- Ensure roof construction coated with chemical-resistant urethane paint.
- Designed to withstand a snow load of 3 kPa.
- Each door measures approximately 1.5 m wide by 2.1 m high.
- 14 gauge welded steel panels on exterior face supported on HSS sections for door frames.
- Stainless steel hinges, four per door with non-removable pins.
- Three point locking heavy-duty hardware with interior safety override and interior stainless steel striker plates for hardware engagement.
- Door height and width allows for two high drum palletized storage capacity.
- Replaceable clip-on weather stripping around door frame.
- Galvanized 10 gauge steel grated decking level with door threshold and designed to withstand a loading rate of 14.4 kPa
- All decking is supported on preformed, raised sump dividers
- Open grating to insure visual inspection of incidental spillage in sump area.
- Individual grating pieces to weigh less than 18 kg each
- Sump capacity of 3700 litres.
- Visual inspection under assembly provided by 100-150 mm elevation to comply with EPA requirements.
- Structural steel skid assemblies, welded to underside of sump frame assembly.
- Floor of 10 gauge steel, with continuous welds to ensure leak free containment.
- Containment divided into 914 mm wide chambers to confine spillage to the smallest possible area.
- Entire assembly has been hydrostatically tested for a period of two hours to verify containment capabilities.
- Open channel base for inspection and fork lift access.
- Exterior grounding and bonding tab included.
- DOT placard holder on door exterior and MSDS binder holder on inside of door.
- The building structure carries a written limited warranty for a period of ten years for manufacturing defects from defective materials or workmanship.
- The exterior finish will not craze, peel or otherwise corrode or discolour, for the period of one year from the date of installation.
- Entire building system is water and weather tight, structurally sound and free from distortion for a period of three years from the date of completion.
Home I Company Profile I Featured Projects I Contractor Login I Links I Employment I Contact Us